Friday, August 1, 2008

New Listing - Finally!






After much delay, I have finally added come new items to my shop! A couple of photographs with more to come. A custom listing and this set you see above!

I've been quite taken with the Hamsa Hands. Even tho there is alot of information on them out there on the world wide web I still feel like they are quite a mystery. I know they are a part of many old cultures but I can't seem to get feeling that The Eye of Horas from Egypt and the Hamsa Healing Hands are somehow connected. I may very well be completely off base here. As a Reiki practitioner I also feel the significance of Universal Life Force Energy within them.

In Arabic the word Hamsa means five, referring to the five fingers on the hand.

You will see some with a eye in the center. This eye is intended to look back at evil eyes and provide protection from jealousy and envy. In India the eye is more important then the hands themselves and is considered the Compassionate Eye or the Eye of God.

You will also often see it as the spiral (as above!). The Sacred Spiral has been around for many many ancient years.

Symbolism of the SPIRAL: Linked to the circle. Ancient symbol of the goddess, the womb, fertility, feminine serpent force, continual change, and the evolution of the universe.

When the Spiral is drawn clockwise, it's said to bring things towards you, and when drawn anti-clockwise, it pushes negative energies away from you. The Spirals with my Hands will go either/both ways. Wearing the pendant one way will draw the Spiral clockwise while wearing the pendant the other way will draw the Spiral counter-clockwise!



Well, that's about it for now.

Spread the Love folks!

Peace,

Tammy

6 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Very nice work and I learned something new about Hamsa Hands today!

Carol B. said...

Tammy, your jewelry is beautiful! I love it!
And I wanted to thank you for visiting my site again and blessing me with your encouraging words. I had been feeling down and nervous again, so your thoughtfulness really helped.
With utmost Gratitude,
Carol B.

Rosebud Collection said...

I found all of that very interesting.
Always like to learn about different things..The hand necklace/earrings are lovely..you did a wonderful job.

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Thank you all so much for stopping! It's always fun learning something new. :)

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Carol, when you set up your Etsy shop.. you best come and tell me! I love your artwork. :) Peace!

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed reading through your blog. And those earrings are absolutely exceptional! Very nice work!! :)