Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our Neighborhood

So, I've been inspired by some other blogs that tell a story about their neighborhood and since my children as so enchanted by the word 'neighborhood' and how everyone in our area is actually our 'neighbor' I thought we would go for a little bike ride and take a few snapshots of our neighborhood.

So come along if you like.. we even have an extra bike!



First of all.. we are surrounded by beautiful blueberry fields! They are so pretty this time of year dripping with yummy blue berries.











Beside the blueberries we also have..





Awesome cranberries in our neighborhood.

These won't be ripe for another few weeks yet but oh so yummy!










What do we have next? Oh yes!


We have beautiful wildflowers growing out of the ditches everywhere.
Are these little orange snapdragons does anyone know? At any rate.. they remind me of the beautiful colours of fall shyly waving from around the corner.









How did they just get so far ahead of me!!!












Oh.. I know why!!! The lure of Wild blackberry bushes lining the sides of the road!! Mmm.. nothing tastes then wild blackberries. :)
What else? The horse of course!

And more!





Now this house.. used to be a most beautiful pink with darker pink trim. Whenever I would drive by I couldn't help but smile. I wonder I do.. what made them paint it new?








I love our little home with all it's interesting and beautiful things to look at and I love seeing the areas that you love as well. :) I hope you enjoyed the little tour. :) Care for some blackberry muffins and tea with us now?



Have a beautiful day!



Spread the Love.



Peace,

Tammy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your neighborhood! What a great idea for my blog, since I just moved I can introduce folks to the place. Blueberries and cranberries for neighbors...now that's a wonderful neighborhood!

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Thank you Beth! I look forward to exploring your new neighborhood with you. :) Peace and Reiki blessings to you.

Rosebud Collection said...

What beautiful pictures..I think the weed is called Orange Jewelweed..very cute weed/flower..
When you can, visit my blog..

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Those flowers look like wild impatiens to me (I. palada, I. biflora or whatever the botanists are calling it these days). It's commonly called "jewelweed" and "touch me not" in my neck of the woods.

It's a common wildflower, though I have a patch growing in my front yard garden bed next to my front door. It is a green ally of mine. :)

Lovely post - thank you for sharing your neighborhood with us!

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Thank you so much Rosebud for the beautiful award. :) I am so honoured and excited! My first award. :) aww.

Orange Jewelweed.. what a lovely name. Thank you ladies.. seems it's unanimous.

Walk in the Woods, does it have a medicinal property to it also do you know?

Some old bee-yatch said...

Mr. Rogers would be so proud :)

Beautiful post.

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking us with you on the journey around your neighborhood! Wow between blueberries, cranberries and blackberries you have the start of a pretty awesome fruit salad or a delicious jam right there :o) yummy and fun finds!

Anonymous said...

Wildflowers growing out of ditches...you can learn a lot from where they grow...beauty arising in every place we leave behind or reject....