1. The robin is one of the birds that starts the dawn chorus and one of the last to stop singing at night.
2. The robin egg is about the size of a quarter.
3. Once the eggs are laid, it takes 11 to 14 days to hatch
5. The Robin is my daughter's favorite bird.
6. The American Robin is called “Merle d’ Amerique” in French and “Mirlo Primavera” in Spanish.
7. This Robin was depicted in the 1986 $2 note of Canada.
8. Only about 25% Robins survive their first year.
9. Earthworms are a favorite food of American robins. Other soft-bodied invertebrates they eat include caterpillars, beetles and grasshoppers.
10. Fruits and berries account for 60 percent of robins’ diet.
I'd take more pictures but will all the excitement I accidentally left my camera out all night. Yes.. it was raining. Right now it's resting in a bed of rice. I heard once that if you don't touch it or rub it or anything and just put it in a bed of rice, the rice will soak up all the water and all will be good as new. Crossing my fingers!
Spread the Love!