Thursday, December 6, 2007

They're Taking Over!

Good Morning! I have snails invading my fish tank and I don't really know what to do with them at this point. I didn't adopt any snails, they sort of hitched along for the ride uninvited on some lovely aquatic plants. I have adopted my own personal no kill policy on life but the dilemma really kicks in when these snails start to multiply into the thousands and take over the tank. My other little fishes are non to happy about the situation either. I have a cute and rather timid iridescent shark that's been floating belly up since these snails have moved in. I can see that he's alive still, he just seems rather stressed out. And, one of my guppies died sadly. *sniffsniff* I tell you, slow and steady does win the race in this case because if they have their innocent way they'll have the tank all to themselves in no time.

So what do you do when you adopt a personal no kill policy for any living thing but one of the uninvited living things in your care starts to kill other invited living things in your care? What would the Dalhi Lama do?

Well, I think it's just about time to make a pot of coffee.

Peace.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Ugh!! I had this happen to me as well, back when I had an aquarium. They hitched a ride in with some plants too. Another time it was slugs. I really have no suggestions as to how to a no-kill way of getting rid of them :( Good luck!

angel said...

well if it is a huge problem, feed them to the cats :-)then you don't have to do the killing, hope this helps,

QuintessentiallyEnglish said...

haha what a strange situation! but i see that it is somehow sorting itself out! My fish almost tried to commit suicide today!

MalibuBarbie112