Friday, January 11, 2008

My Inner Artist and Baubo -> And, update!

So here's the update. I don't know about anyone else but I'm always being inspired and my points of view always seem to be opening and expanding also at sometimes an alarming rate! lol So, the very next day after writing this post a little whisper breezed by me. It's not something easily explained in words but it's felt in the heart.

I had found while reading The Artists' Way that I was judging myself and shoulding myself all over the place and then the aha messages that I got was 'okay stop... what you are doing right now is perfectly on track. So, settle back in and keep listening and keep going.'

A good message I think I'll take it! lol

Peace and Love!







Good Morning. :) It's early and I have a nice cup of coffee beside me. A funny thing happened when I woke up. I was feeling deeply philosophical but as I got up and started moving about, gathering this and that and thinking that I was going to sit down and write a lovely blog, some of those whispers on the edge of my consciousness gently flew just out of reach. So, while I'm in a deeply peaceful state, those thoughts are not to be shared on this cool morning. And, that's okay.

I have started reading 2 wonderful books. One many women are familiar with called Women Who Run With Wolves and the other is called The Artist's Way. With the Artist's Way Julia Cameron talks about morning pages. Every morning before doing anything else you pick up a pen and a journal and your write 3 pages about anything that roles through your mind. I pumped my way through 1 page no problem, the 2nd page all sorts of resistance reared itself and by page 3 I was fighting every step of the way. I haven't done anymore morning pages since. Morning pages are for you and you alone to write and read and there is no right or wrong to them so why not! The thing is that you can't lie in your morning pages. You have to tell the truth, the whole truth. You have to make friends with your ego, which is lovely, but at the same time difficult sometimes when the sky is so gray and nothing but rain has been plop plopping on your head for weeks and the news is filled with pain and sorrow. Sometimes, the ego can get into a bit of a sour mood and who wants to feel sour when your blog is called Rainbows and Sunshine? ;) So, I guess what I'm getting at is starting tomorrow morning I'm going on a new journey so to speak. Ups and downs and all around. I am going to be the best that I can be in this life. I am going to grow and face my fears and reach higher. I am going to be a better Mom, a better person. I am going to effect others in a positive way everyday, quietly and subtly without asking anyone else to look at what a great job I'm doing. I am going to look at my mistakes and REALLY learn from them. I am going to start my morning pages!!!!! *insert Rocky theme here* Thank you very much.

Second, awesome book is Women Who Run With Wolves. I read about this fabulous Goddess named Baubo! She danced into my world with her raunchy, obscene humor.
Dictionary definition of obscene:

Obscene: Offensive to accepted standards of decency or modesty. (Is it not a beautiful thing to throw these accepted standards of decency and modesty out the window when women are able to gather together in a circle with no other ears but theirs to listen and indulge ourselves into fits of uncontrolled belly laughs)
I only read about it because a friend that was visiting over the New Year mentioned that he read a story in the book as it was laying around here and later when I read it, I was howling with laughter! :) Thanks to him for pointing it out.
I would like to c0-create a pair of earrings to embrace this Goddess. It's on my list. :)

Well, thanks for stopping by. That's it for now.

Spread the Love folks.

Peace!

No comments: