Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Looky here! I'm in a treasury! The fun and fabulous GenuineArticle included me with all these other talented artists! All for being kind to her or someone she knows. Aww. I'm genuinely touched! Thank you very much!!
Come peek in her eclectic shop at
Spread the Love!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
This cute squirrel came in for a bite to eat off the tasty Easter Gingerbread houses that my children decorated. I put them outside on the window sill because I didn't know what else to do with them and they were taking up space from all my other stuff I wanted laying around! ;) lol So, I thought maybe the loads of wildlife hanging around would find their way to it and sure enough I caught this little Squirrelly looking like he hit the jackpot big time gnawing away on the sweet treat.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
More Puppies!! Can't get enough of these adorable little boys and girls.
So my Mom went for a visit and it seems her puppy picked her! They say it's the only way to choose an animal is to let the animal choose you. Lets hope they end up together forever! The cute little puppy's name is Theadore with the Blue coloured collar ran to my Mom right away. A sure sign of love at first sight! Gentle and snuggly.. the perfect companion for my Mom and Rick who are by the way amazing with dogs! I grew up teasing her and actually thinking for a spell that my Mom loved our dogs more then she loved me! LOL Now, being an adult and all, I know this isn't true! ;D But, having two busy little children of my own I can understand how some days she may have actually preferred the dogs company! ;)
Spread the Love!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Sunday, April 13, 2008
My latest treasury. Ode To Turtles. I love turtles and recently we were gifted with a very sweet little turtle! We have a few names going around but haven't quite settled on the right one yet. We have Isis, and Turtie. Skiddles, Skidder, Dexter. Vote if you feel so inclined. :D
I was also featured in the lovely Intergalactic Rose's beautiful Treasury! Thank you so much. I love her Etsy shop --> http://www.intergalacticrose.etsy.com/ and she has a fantastic blog --> http://intergalcticrose.blogspot.com/ She is a member of EtsyVeg as I am as well now!
http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=39006 to see Intergalactic, but hurry! Time is almost up. :)
Friday, April 11, 2008
Prep: 10 min; Cook: 20 min 4 servings.
8 to 10 small red potatoes, cut into fourths (3 cups)
2 cups fresh or frozen baby-cut carrots
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
3 medium green onions, sliced (1/3 cup)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1/2 cup frozen green peas
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper (or to taste of course!)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
1. Mix potatoes and carrots in 3-quart saucepan; add enough water to cover. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minues or until tender; drain in colander. Wipe out saucepan with paper towel.
2. Melt margarine in the same saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions in margarine 2 minues, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour. Gradulally add milk, stirring contantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
3. Stir in potates and carrots, peas, salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peas are tender.
4. Stir in dill weed. Cook 2 minutes, stirring contantly. Top each serving with chopped egg and , if desired, additional dill weed.
1 serving: Calories 390 (calories from fat 115); Fat 13g (Saturated 8g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 620mg; Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 7g); Protein 12g.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Check it out! http://www.operationhappysock.com/
Sunday, April 6, 2008
We quote below from as Associated Press dispatch:
"Grants Pass, Ore. (AP) - Physicist Ed Wagner says he has found evidence that trees talk to each other in a language he calls W-waves.
"If you chop into a tree, you can see that adjacent trees put out an electrical pulse," said Wagner.
"Explaining the phenomenon, Wagner pointed to a blip on a strip chart recording of the electrical pulse.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 10 mins 4 servings
4 frozen vegetable burgers, thawed
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 teaspoons olive or canola oil
1 small onion, cut in half and sliced
1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
4 hotdog buns, split
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, heated
1. Mix burgers, cheese and Italian seasoning. Shape mixture into 16 balls. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook burger balls in oil, turning frequently, until brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
2. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and bell peppers in oil, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
3. Place 4 burger balls in each bun. Top with vegetable mixture. Serve with spaghetti sauce.
** from Betty Crockers Vegetarian Cooking Cookbook**
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
I haven't been feeling that great lately and now today I have a sore throat and I'm aching all over! Blah.
So, I was very exited to receive this new gift in the mail. Red Quartz from Spain. Most of the Red Quartz you find out there is not real.. it's dyed or treated in some nasty way but this comes from a very reliable source and I am more then a little thrilled with it! :) The uncommon red colour comes from highly concentrated levels of Iron. Beautiful hm? :)